BotGuard for Applications
- Integration Lifecycle
- For a high-level overview of the complete integration process
- Tag Setup Instructions
- For a detailed, technical guide on how to set up the Detection Tag
- Mitigation API Integration Instructions
- For a detailed, technical guide on how to integrate with the Mitigation API
BotGuard for Applications is a solution that protects online enterprises against bots. The components that make up the system are:
- Mitigation API: S2S API that enables client system to mitigate bot traffic in real-time. Required for identifying instances of tag evasion (Detection Tag is suppressed), and enables passing business signal (BYOS - bring your own signal).
- Reporting API: S2S API that enables you to query for available reports and to download a specific report (transaction level, and aggregate level).
- Dashboard: Web UI that enables you to view Summary data, Explore data, and Generate, Save, and Schedule reports.
The solution is typically first integrated in
Pageview Monitoring mode
to identify bot traffic on your platform. This requires to integrate the
Detection Tag, and Mitigation API.
After a baseline is established, the solution can be switched to
Event Mitigation mode.
Per request, the Mitigation API will respond with - Bot true / false, Threat Profile
(bot, nonstandard, valid), Threat Category, and an Action (e.g Allow, Block,